Monday, June 27, 2011

Class Post #2 Assignment 1

ok, so now that i've got this thing working again i'll dive in.
ASSIGNMENT #1
I compared 3 interactive whiteboards. Smartboards, Promethean, and Mimio. All three had the same basic attractions however, the Mimio was a little more unique in that it could turn ANY white board into an interactive white board. Due to the many budget constraints placed on districts wanting to implement engaging technology, this would be a wonderful choice. However, the one that I personally liked the most was the Smartboard. I am a little biased as this is the one that I am used to. I've observed several teachers using the Smartboard for Reading, Math, and even Science lessons. I've even used the system myself. The most engaging activity that I have used is a homemade Jeopardy! game used to prepare students for a Social Studies exam.
I have also used the Smartboard lesson creation software. With it I have created interactive math lessons for students especially in the area of Geometry. I know that there are several other areas where the white board can be used and I have even used them however, I really like the ease of creating, moving, and interacting with shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment