Monday, June 27, 2011

Assignment #2

Assignment 2 is to create a lesson using visual literacy. I took this as a challenge because I always tend to do the same things with literacy while integrating technology. I usually have students write a piece of work then type it up on the computer blah, blah, blah... However, for this assignment I took myself out of the box and started exploring sites that teachers have long since recommended. I decided to do a lesson using Wordle. I have the students choose from a stack of pictures that I provided. They were pictures of landscapes, people in action, pictures ffrom magazines, animated, and non-animated. The students were to create a wordle document based on the words that "popped into their heads" while viewing the picture. Later, the students were to create a haiku based on those words. The objective was to brainstorm for adjectives as well as create an original haiku based on their picture and background knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment